Wednesday, April 28, 2021
|3:15PM||TAG 2021 Society Showcase|
|4:15PM||TAG Technology Awards|
|5:00PM||TAG Impact Awards|
|5:10PM||TAG 2021 Society Showcase|
|6:30PM||Day 1 Close|
Thursday, April 29, 2021
|9:15AM||State of the Industry|
|9:45AM||Keynote: Craig Neeb|
|10:20AM||Tech Hall of Fame|
|10:45AM||Content and C-Sessions
|11:30AM||Content and C-Sessions
|12:20PM||Future of Work: Tech Hall of Fame Conversation|
|12:45PM||Top 40 and Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Georgia|
|1:25PM||Keynote: Robyn Benincasa|
|2:00PM||Top 10 Winner Announcement|
|2:10PM||TAG Board Chairs Remarks and Day 2 Close|
TAG Society Showcase
Recognizing and Celebrating TAG’s 25 Professional Societies
Meet the leadership of TAG’s 23 Professional Societies and learn more about how you can join, engage, lead or sponsor.
TAG Impact Awards
The TAG Impact Award recognizes a TAG member serving on a society board who embodies the ideals of servant leadership and advances the TAG mission to connect, promote, influence and educate Georgia’s technology ecosystem to advance the innovation economy.
The TAG Impact Award winner will be announced at The Summit Showcase
- Honorees and the winner will be recognized in The Summit event program
- Honorees will receive a discount ticket code to attend The Summit
TAG Technology Awards
The TAG Technology Awards recognize companies and individuals throughout Georgia whom made an impact in 2020:
- Companies that developed an innovative technology (hardware, software, etc) solution to make companies and organizations stand out in any industry
- Individuals that inspired their team, led innovation and delivered value to their organization or industry
Finalists will be recognized and winners will be announced at Georgia Technology Summit on April 28, 2021.VIEW FINALISTS
2021 Keynote Speakers
Founder & CEO of World Class Teams | Founder of Project Athena
When the challenges are steep, and the competition fierce, Robyn Benincasa gives individuals and organizations the tools they need to inspire themselves and one another to their greatest heights and across their most challenging finish lines.
For the last 20 years, she and her teammates have been competing at the front of the pack in the most unique and compelling classrooms on earth--The jungles of Borneo, the Himalayan peaks of Tibet, the rivers of Fiji, the rainforests of Ecuador and the desert of Namibia, studying the good, the bad, and the not-so-pretty in Extreme Teamwork. It is through these harrowing, life affirming and often hilarious experiences in the world's most grueling challenges that she has emerged with her truly unique perspective on what it takes to build the kind of world class teams that succeed against all odds, that triumph in the face of adversity and that win as one in times of great challenge and change. Robyn accepts full blame for inspiring people to do insane things like climb Mount Kilimanjaro, run their first triathlon, start their own adventure racing teams, hike across the Grand Canyon with a group of Survivors, or start their own businesses. This is, after all, who she is and what she does: Robyn Benincasa inspires people to grab life with one hand, grab their teammates with the other, and to create that special magic that makes all of us better TOGETHER than we ever would have been alone!
Robyn has made an art form of extreme performance by competing and winning at the highest levels of sport and business; her keynotes are powerful, impactful, and packed with practical, real-world takeaways that inspire peak performance and exceptional leadership. As a 20+ year veteran San Diego firefighter, a World Champion Adventure Racer, a 2014 CNN Hero, a Guinness World Record Endurance Kayaker, a best-selling author, and founder of The Project Athena Foundation, Robyn Benincasa *definitely* knows a thing or two about creating Human Synergy---or as Robyn puts it, "that magic that allows groups of ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things together".
Robyn's multi-faceted experience inspires people to grab life with one hand, grab their teammates with the other, and to achieve audacious goals that they could never accomplish alone. She is the expert that companies call on to build world class teams, inspire peak performance and create a culture of champions. Robyn has successfully translated the lessons learned from extreme team sports to the corporate world, with compelling keynotes that show how groups of ordinary people can accomplish extraordinary things together!
Executive Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer of NASCAR
Craig Neeb is Executive Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer of National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing (“NASCAR”). Neeb oversees the company’s information technology, corporate development, the Motor Racing Network (MRN), NASCAR Productions, Racing Electronics and strategic growth initiatives including eSports, OTT and sports betting.
Previously, Neeb served as Executive Vice President and Chief Innovation and Development Officer of NASCAR and International Speedway Corporation (ISC), a motorsports entertainment company acquired by NASCAR in October 2019.
As Chief Development Officer, Neeb managed ISC’s business development maximizing use of over 13,000 acres of company-owned and operated real estate and content at 13 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. He sought strategic opportunities and generated creative partnerships that drove revenue and yielded the highest value, positioning ISC for growth within its core motorsports business and beyond.
Neeb helped lead the strategy and oversight for the Company’s largest development project – a $400 million redevelopment of NASCAR’s flagship track Daytona International Speedway, revolutionizing the sport and fan experience. Neeb guided ISC’s opening of ONE DAYTONA, the Daytona Beach area’s newest lifestyle and entertainment destination featuring nearly 300,000 square feet of premium retail, dining and entertainment across from Daytona International Speedway.
As Chief Innovation Officer, Neeb oversaw consumer innovation strategies identifying solutions to strengthen customer engagement. He helped spearhead NASCAR’s youth Esports series on iRacing and directed other strategic opportunities with key media partners. Neeb also oversaw MRN, the nation’s largest independent sports radio network.
His multi-faceted and insightful approach comes from serving as ISC’s Vice President of Multi-Channel Marketing and Chief Information Officer (CIO) for 13 years. As CIO, Neeb successfully developed and implemented strategic initiatives including consumer-centric technology solutions, a centralized contact center and venue content options.
Prior to joining ISC, Neeb was Vice President of Information Technology at AmeriServe Foodservice Distribution, a $9 billion food service distribution business based in Coral Gables, Fla. At AmeriServe, Neeb was responsible for the company’s information systems.
Future of Work: Hall of Fame Conversation
- Larry Williams, President & CEO, Technology Association of Georgia
- David Cummings, 2020 Tech Hall of Fame Inductee, Entrepreneur, Investor, Founder, Atlanta Tech Village
- Theia Smith, PwC Workforce of the Future practice, Entrepreneurship and start up ecosystems and Inclusive Innovation Leader
Content and C-Session Details
Rise of the Machines
So we don't have the flying cars or the robot maid, The Jetson's cartoon promised all those years ago, but we do have the Tesla and the Roomba So how far are the advances in AI and Machine learning away from helping our business in a real, significant way? Let's talk about how far we are from the machines running with us, instead of us running the machines!
- Moderator: Megan Heinze - President, Idemia
- Rafiq Ajani - Head of Digital Transformation, UCB
- Steve Hillion - Sr. Director TIBCO Data Science, TIBCO
Digital Acceleration and the New Customer Experience
The pandemic accelerated digital consumption. From the way people communicated, entertained themselves and, especially, ordered, paid and received products and services. What will be the next, new customer experience and how will we be prepared.
- Moderator: Brian Benn - CIO, Atlanta Housing Authority
- Raymond Clarjis - SVP Digital Strategy-Global Sales, FLEETCOR
- Marc Corbett - Senior Solutions Engineer, Backbase
- Jillian Henleben - Global Digital Commerce, Fiserv
- Glenn Weinstein - Chief Customer Officer, Twilio
Medical Care in the Post COVID Era
COVID moved everything from the physical to the digital world. In person offices visits were rare and stressful. 30% of major hospitals are still seeing patients online utilizing telemedicine. What is the future of technology, medical practices and services in a post Covid-era.
- Moderator:Jodie Braner - Advisor, The Benefit Company
- Angela Fusaro - CEO, Physician 360
- Dr. Michael Koriwchak - Partner, ENT of Atlanta
- Toni Pashley - SVP Product, Sharecare
Digital Transformation in the 4th Industrial Revolution
The 1st industrial revolution mechanized production using steam and water power. The 2nd created mass production with the invention of electricity. The 3rd was able to automate that mass production using electronics and information technology. This 4th Industrial Revolution, of which we are in the throws, builds on the technology created in the 3rd, being propelled by the rapidly changing developments within digital technology. How is this revolution different and how do we do we leverage digital transformation to capitalize upon it?
- Moderator: Dr. Raheem Beyah - Dean and Southern Company Chair, College of Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Bryce Gartner - Principal, Digital Platform & Analytics, Cherry Bekaert
- Stephen Ichatha - Data Center Deployments Manager, Google
- Wilson Raj - Global Director, Customer Intelligence, SAS
- Vinay Shihari - Field CTO, Snowflake
Accelerating Modern App Development through the Cloud
The cloud has many benefits, including reducing IT costs, business continuity and flexibility. By taking advantage of the cloud to develop apps, customers, businesses and developers win. Learn from some of most innovative leaders on ways in which you can use the agility of the cloud to scale app development.
- Moderator: Todd Siegler - Regional Cice President, Salesforce
- Joyil Joseph - IBM Executive IT Architect and Distinguished Engineer, IBM
- Rob Thomas - SVP of R&D Management, Manhattan Associates
Cyber Security: Zero Trust and Threats
The World Economic Forum's Global Risks Report 2021 confirm cyber risks continue ranking among the most concerning global risks. News customer information breaches is no longer shocking. What is needed to protect business and information? What can we do and how can we bring back the trust that has been lost?
- Moderator:Blake Brannon - CTO, OneTrust
- Bob Thibodeaux, Chief Information Security Officer, DefenseStorm
- Paul Farley, Deputy CISO, NCR Corporation
- Bill Alfveby - VP and Chief Information Security Officer, Deluxe
Show Me the Money: How to Tap SPACs, VCs and Investors
Obtaining the necessary funds and counsel to help build a business is a huge challenge, especially if you don’t know where to start. Depending on the stage of your business, pursuing the wrong avenue can mean the difference between a successful raise or wasted time. This session will explore the range of funding options and help you prepare with the right resources and knowledge
- John Yates - Partner, Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Phyllis Newhouse - CEO, Xtreme Solutions & Athena Technology Acqusiition Corp
- Paige Craig - Managing Partner, Outlander Labs
- Stephen Debacco - Managing Partner, Leaders Fund
How Sports are Being Reinvented through Technology and the Benefits to Other Industries
Technology has a profound effect on sports on the field, in stadium, on screen and in the front and back office creating new experiences. Explore the tech, process and learn the future of technology in sports and how this is transcending industries
- Moderator: Ken Meyer - EVP & CIO, Truist
- Brian Gorney - Managing Director, Enterprise Sales - East Investment Accounts and Pro Sports, Verizon
- Ken Martin - Executive Global Director, Digital Transformation & Entertainment Consumer Industries, CISCO
The Next Big Thing: Perspectives from CIOs & CTOs
We have seen the Cloud, AI, Digital Acceleration and Machine Learning, but what will our panel of CIOs say is the next big thing and how can you gain an advantage by preparing today?
- Moderator: Gary Brantley - Chief Technology Officer, Beazer Homes
- Miriam McLemore - Former CIO of Coca Cola - AWS Enterprise Strategist, AWS
- Andra Milender - CTO, US Information Solution Technology, Equifax
- Mike Potter - Chief Technology Officer, QLIK
Investing in Social Change
The call to action for social change and diversity helps foster innovation, profits, culture and society. This panel of experts will discuss how triving cultures drive inclusion and advance social justice. Learn how your organization and company can benefit from these real work actions and approaches.
- Moderator: Stacie Hagan - Co-chair, TAG Social Justice & Equity Task Force
- Crystal Williams - Chief Human Resources Officer, FLEETCOR
- Peter Williams - Director, Head of Community Strategy & Operations of Atlanta, BlackRock
- Jason Gumbs - SVP, Comcast
Own the Future - Overcoming Adversity and Personal Change
Own your future. Learn how to overcome adversity and drive personal change through the story and advice from Mohamed Massaquoi. Mohamed is the founder of VESSOL and a strategic advisor on organizational culture and team dynamics. In the spring of 2017, Mohamed’s life changed following a near-death ATV accident that forced immediate reconciliation as he could no longer perform as a professional athlete in the NF where he played for 5 seasons.
- Fireside Chat:
- Kyle Tothill - Managing Director, eHire
- Mohamed Massaquoi - Founder & Former Pro Football Player, Vessol
Purpose, Activation & Belief: How are Tech Companies Traveling this Important Road
How companies treat their team during the pandemic could define their brand for decades. Organizations that know why they exist and who they’re built to serve are uniquely positioned to navigate unprecedented change. Successful companies are becoming more purpose-led and thinking beyond profit to how they can better the communities they serve. To authentically align purpose with social responsibility is of chief importance. Hear how leading tech companies, large and small, are putting purpose into action with the goal of establishing true belief in their purpose
- Moderator: Erica England, APR - Director, Arketi Group
- Mary Ford - CMO, CENTEGIX
- Scott Klinger - SVP, HR & Marketing, EarthLink
- Shawn Reynolds - CMO, Logility
C-Sessions (Invite Only)
Navigating the Economy: An Expert Point of View
Looking to connect the dots between the markets, stimulus, COVID recovery, employment and to chart a path for your business or company? This session will discuss the economy in Georgia, the US and Globally and frame a future for technology and growth.
- Moderator: Shayan Hussain - Managing Director, BlackRock
Nine Imperatives for Future-ready Companies
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, the pressure to change had been building for years. Senior leaders routinely worried their organizations were too slow, too siloed, too bogged down in complicated matrix structures, and too bureaucratic. What many leaders feared, and the pandemic has confirmed, is that their companies were organized for a world that is disappearing—an era of standardization and predictability that’s being overwritten by four big trends: a combination of heightened connectivity, lower transaction costs, unprecedented automation, and shifting demographics. To better organize for a post-pandemic future, leaders and organizations should reinvent by embracing nine imperatives that collectively explain “who we are,” “how we operate,” and “how we grow.”
During this session, Senior Partner Chris Gagnon (based in Austin) and Associate Partner Elizabeth Murthy (based in Atlanta) will synthesize lessons from their experience and new research on the organizational practices of 30 top companies, highlighting best practices for businesses to begin organizing for the future. They will further explain how leaders can not only make their companies faster, but also better for customers, employees, and society at large.
- Moderator: Chris Gagnon - Senior Partner, McKinsey
- Elizabeth Murthy - Associate Partner, McKinsey